It’s hard to believe there was ever a time where I found the idea of baking with zucchini a bit strange. Not only is it such a great way to moisture to bake goods without the need for any extra fat from butter or oil, but you also get to sneak some extra veggies into your diet without really being able to detect them at all.
- Yield: 1 muffin
- 3 tbsp (20 g) oat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 0.12 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp (15–30 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (29 g) shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess liquid
- ½ tbsp (6 g) mini chocolate chips (optional, for refined sugar–free leave them out, and for vegan option use vegan chocolate chips)
- Combine the oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small microwave-safe mug or bowl.
- Add the applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla, mixing until the ingredients are well combined. Fold in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips (if using), saving a few to sprinkle on top.
- Microwave your muffin on high for 2 minutes and allow it to cool slightly before enjoying.