- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 250 g streaky bacon
- 500 ml Basic Tomato Sauce
- 125 ml fresh cream
- 250 g linguine or spaghetti, cooked
- Grated Cheddar cheese, for serving
- Chopped chilli (optional)
- Fresh basil (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Place the bacon onto a baking tray and grill until very crispy.
- Pour the tomato sauce and cream into a saucepan and heat gently.
- Once the bacon is cooked, pour a little of the bacon fat into the saucepan.
- Chop the crispy bacon roughly and add to the tomato sauce.
- Turn up the heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes while you are cooking the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the sauce. Heat for a further 2 minutes so that everything is delicious and coated.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with grated cheese. If you are a big person, top with a little chilli and fresh basil too.