- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 pound ground beef, lightly seasoned with salt and ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup picante sauce, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- Corn oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain and return to skillet. Stir in ½ cup picante sauce and cumin. Pour oil to ½-inch deep in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Quickly fry each tortilla in oil to soften, 2 seconds on each side; drain on paper towels. Spoon ¼ cup beef mixture down center of each tortilla; roll and place, seam side down, into a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Spoon remaining ½ cup picante sauce evenly over enchiladas. Top evenly with cheeses. Bake 15 minutes or until very hot.