- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium Jonathan or McIntosh apple, peeled and shredded
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nonstick cooking spray or melted butter
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into twelve 1- inch slices
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Maple syrup
How to Make It
- Combine the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, apple, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Coat the bottom of a 12 x 8- inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or brush with melted butter. Arrange the bread slices in a single layer in the pan. Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Turn the bread slices over to coat the other side. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 425°F. Remove the pan from the refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap. Sprinkle the pecans over the top and drizzle with the melted butter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the bread slices puff. Serve with maple syrup. Breakfasts