While traditional apple pie is absolutely delicious, the process of making it can be a little too time consuming and complicated for a lot of people. This single-serve muffin takes about 5 minutes from start to finish, and offers the same nostalgic taste as a freshly baked slice of pie. It also has considerably less sugar and fat, meaning you can enjoy it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a healthy indulgence.
- Yield: 1 Muffin
- 3 tbsp (20 g) oat flour
- 1 tbsp (6 g) blanched almond flour
- 2 tsp (8 g) coconut palm sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp (37–44 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (30 g) shredded apple, lightly squeezed of excess juice
- Combine the oat flour, almond flour, coconut palm sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a small microwave-safe mug or bowl.
- Add the applesauce and vanilla extract, mixing until the ingredients are well combined. Gently fold in the shredded apple.
- Microwave your muffin on high for 2 minutes and allow it to cool slightly before enjoying.