- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp sugar
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 400°. Fit 1 piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions. Stir together sugar and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl until blended. Add apples. Sprinkle apples with lemon juice, and toss until coated with sugar mixture.
- Spoon apple filling into prepared crust. Place remaining piecrust over filling; fold edges under, sealing to bottom crust, and crimp. Cut 4 or 5 slits in top of pie for steam to escape. Brush top crust with 1 Tbsp. melted butter, and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°, and bake for 1 hour or until apples are tender and crust is golden. Remove to a wire rack. Cool 1½ to 2 hours before serving.