Use very ripe bananas for the best banana flavor.
- Yield: 1 loaf
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Combine bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl; add to butter mixture alternately with banana mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition, stopping to scrape bowl as needed. Pour batter into a greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack, and cool 30 minutes before slicing.