- Yield: 1 Litre
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 2 kg ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100 ml olive oil
- 60 ml balsamic vinegar
- 20 ml sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Place the chopped tomatoes onto a baking tray and drizzle evenly with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and season very well with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, and allow the edges of the tomatoes to char slightly as this gives a delicious roasted flavour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking tray.
- Blend the roasted tomatoes until completely smooth.
- Refrigerate or freeze the sauce until needed.