Inspired by a recipe given to me by a Hungarian friend, this stew is full of flavour and the meat is simply melt-in-the-mouth gorgeous.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb (450 g) casserole/stewing beef, roughly chopped
- 1 courgette/zucchini, chopped into 3-cm/1¼-in. lengths
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 3 x 3-cm/1¼ x 1¼-in. pieces
- 2 large carrots, chopped into 3-cm/1¼-in. lengths
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste or beetroot/beet ketchup
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (gluten-free if preferred)
- soured/sour cream, to serve
How to Make It
- Press the Sauté button on the multi-cooker and add the ghee or butter. When melted, add the onion and stewing beef. Sauté until the beef is no longer pink, then add the courgette/zucchini, sweet potatoes and carrots. Stir to combine, then add all the seasonings and stir once more.
- Secure the lid in place and set to Stew for 30 minutes. Make sure the steam valve is closed. At the end of cooking, use the NPR method. Serve with a generous dollop of soured/sour cream on top and a sprinkling of smoked paprika.