- Yield: 10 Servings 2 empanadas per
- ½ pound 95% extra-lean ground beef
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 0.33 cup salsac
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 20 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet(s) with cooking spray.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, cook ground beef, onion, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper 5 to 7 minutes, or until beef is browned; drain. Add corn, salsa, and tomato sauce, and cook until heated through. Set aside to cool.
- Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time, spoon 1 teaspoon beef mixture into center of each wrapper. Using your finger, wet the edge of wrapper with water. Fold wrapper over diagonally, forming a triangle. Using a fork, press to seal edges of wrapper. Place on prepared baking sheet(s) and repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until golden, turning once.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.