A flavorful seasoning mix turns humble canned beans into an addictive dip for corn chips, topped with tomato and avocado.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 15 oz (425 g) can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz (425 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 avocados, cubed, to serve
- 4 oz (112 g) corn chips, to serve
How to Make It
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add the lentils, black beans, and cilantro, if using. Stir together until well combined.
- To assemble the meals, divide the bean mixture evenly among 4 containers. Add an equal amount of diced tomato and cilantro, ifusing, to each meal, and top with a lime wedge. Serve each meal with ½ avocado, cubed, and 1 oz (28 g) corn chips.