- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 5 duck eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices Black Pig or quality bacon, cut into lardons
- 4 farm eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Asparagus, cut on the bias, when in season
How to Make It
- In a bowl, combine flour, eggs, and oil. Knead, wrap in plastic, and let rest for at least half an hour. Roll out in pasta machine three times at each setting, folding it each time (this gives it the tooth).
- Bring to desired thickness (this depends on your machine, but it’s usually two notches above the thinnest setting). At the desired thickness, roll dough through twice without any folding (which sets the thickness) and cut with tagliatelle cutter. For Carbonara
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the Pasta until done, about 4 minutes. Strain the Pasta, reserving ½ cup of the pasta water for the sauce. In a sauté pan on medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy, about 4 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the eggs with the Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Add the hot Pasta, some of its water, the hot bacon, and its rendered fat to the egg and cheese. With tongs, toss and add pasta water to desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper. To Complete
- Plate up into pasta bowls and garnish with more Parmesan cheese. Top with asparagus, if using. Serve immediately.