- Yield: 8 to 10 Servings(9½-10 cups)
- 10 cups water
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 pound black plums (5–6 plums)
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 2 cups sliced or chopped fruit: apples, oranges, blackberries, pomegranate arils mint, for garnish
How to Make It
- Bring the water, sugar, plums, and hibiscus up to a boil in a large pot. Lower to a simmer and simmer covered for 15 minutes, breaking up the plums every now and then with a wooden spoon. Let cool before handling.
- Strain through a cheesecloth-lined strainer, squeezing through as much juice as possible. Add the chopped fruit and refrigerate until cool.
- Serve by itself or over ice with some mint to garnish.