This “salad and sandwich in one” features a hearty slice of peasant bread topped with sweet pears, pungent blue cheese, and peppery watercress. Look for artisan peasant bread in the bakery at your supermarket.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 4 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 Minutes
- 4 (1½-ounce) slices peasant bread
- Cooking spray
- 11⁄3 cups coarsely chopped watercress
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
How to Make It
- Preheat broiler.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Coat each slice with cooking spray; broil 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
- While bread cooks, combine watercress, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; toss gently.
- Place pear slices evenly on bread slices; top with blue cheese. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; top with watercress mixture. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.