- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup minute tapioca
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 lb frozen wild blueberries (6 cups)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp sugar
How to Make It
- Combine sugar, tapioca, and salt in a large bowl; toss well. Add blueberries and lemon juice, tossing to coat.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Roll 1 piecrust dough disk to ⅛-inch thickness (about 13 inches wide) on a lightly floured surface. Gently press dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Spoon blueberry mixture into crust, mounding in center.
- Roll remaining dough disk to ⅛-inch thickness (about 13 inches wide). Gently place dough over filling; fold edges under, and crimp, sealing to bottom crust. Combine egg and 3 Tbsp. sugar, stirring well. Brush egg mixture over top crust. Cut 4 to 5 slits in top of pie for steam to escape.
- Bake at 375° on an oven rack one-third up from bottom of oven 1 hour. Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and bake 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and cool 4 hours before serving.