For those burger lovers who have certain issues and allergies but still wish to enjoy a normal life.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 8 oz Italian sausage
- 3 oz Parmesan (sliced into 1x¼ʺ portions)
- ¼ cup roasted sweet peppers (1” slices)
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaves (for “Wrapping” each patty)
- 6 fresh cherry tomatoes
How to Make It
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat and sausage with your hands. Divide into 12 even balls to make 6 “patty– sandwiches.” Make your patties on top of some wax paper (makes them easier to lift).
- Shape each ball to form a 4 –4½” thick patty. On 6 of the bottom halves, sprinkle the Parmesan and spread the sweet peppers, then cover each with another patty. Gently press together to seal the edges. Season with salt and pepper.
- If using a charcoal grill, surround drip pan with mediumhot coals. Cover over patties with aluminum foil and grill on the rack over the pan for roughly 22 minutes or until the internal temperature is 160°F.
- If you prefer the burgers with a brown color, move patties directly over the coals for the last 3 minutes of cooking. They will brown slightly.
- If using a gas grill, heat on high temperature, then reduce the temperature to medium. Place the patties on a rack and close the grill. Cook as per the instructions for charcoal grill.
- Place a patty between lettuce leaves to serve and attach a cherry tomato to each with a toothpick.