- Yield: 4 martinis
- 2 pints cape gooseberries, paper husks removed and washed, reserving 4 cape
- Gooseberries with husk for garnish
- 1 cup tequila
- ½ cup simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar dissolved over modest heat; cool to room temperature before using)
- ½ cup lime juice (preferably fresh, reserving a half-cut lime)
- 2 egg whites
- cinnamon sugar, for rim
How to Make It
- In a blender, combine the cape gooseberries, tequila, simple syrup, lime juice, and egg whites and blend on high for a minute or so, until the gooseberries are pulverized. You can strain at this point.
- Run the half-cut lime around the rim of the martini glasses and dip them into a dish with the cinnamon sugar.
- Transfer cape gooseberry mixture to a martini shaker with ice (working in batches), shake, and pour evenly into the martini glasses.
- Slice the 4 cape gooseberries halfway through and garnish the martini glasses with them. Enjoy!