- Yield: 16 Bars
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) rice milk, safe milk alternative, or water
- ¾ cup (170 g) packed brown sugar
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill white rice flour
- 1 teaspoon (4.6 g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.3 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (2.3 g) ground cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- ½ cup (60 g) finely grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons (18 g) sunflower seeds kernels
- ¼ cup (40 g) sulfite-free raisins
- ½ cup (60 g) powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon (1.2 g) ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons (5 to 10 ml) rice milk, safe milk alternative, or water
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4)
- To make the bars: In a food processor, combine the oil, milk, brown sugar, and bananas and blend until smooth. Add the fl our and the next 4 ingredients (through salt) and pulse until well combined. Stir in the shredded carrots. After the carrots are well incorporated, stir in the sunflower seeds and raisins
- Pour batter into a greased 8-inch (20-cm) square pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until cake feels firm to the touch in the center. Let cool completely
- To make the frosting: Cream together all the frosting ingredients. Add additional rice milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Drizzle the frosting over the cake in the pan and then cut out into bars. Sprinkle additional cinnamon on top, if desired.