- Yield: 1 Serving
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- 1½ medjool dates, pitted
- ½ medium carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced
- 200 g low-fat plain yoghurt
- ½ cup (125 ml) semi-skimmed milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 30 g natural muesli
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs
- ½ finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely grated carrot (optional)
How to Make It
- In a heatproof bowl, cover the dates with boiling water and leave to soak for 30 minutes to soften. Drain.
- Place the carrot, banana, yoghurt, milk, dates, cinnamon, ginger and maca powder (if using) in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- To serve, pour the smoothie mixture into a bowl and top with the muesli, coconut, cacao nibs, lemon zest and grated carrot (if using).