For a simple treatment like this, your lamb chops need to be top quality. Salt marsh lamb, from the Romney Marsh and Wales, has a wonderful distinct flavour. Or you could try chops from a hogget, which is a 12-month-old lamb (halfway between lamb and mutton). These are really tasty.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 8-12 best end (rib) or loin lamb chops, cut about 3 cm thick
- sprigs of fresh rosemary
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Heat a cast-iron ribbed griddle pan until it is very hot.
- Season the lamb chops with a few rosemary leaves, salt and pepper. Brush lightly with oil.
- Chargrill for 3–4 minutes on each side for a pink chop.
- Leave to rest in a warm place for a few minutes before serving.