Toasted almonds add a delightful crunch to this creamy, luxurious guacamole, while feta or goat cheese adds a salty tanginess. Serrano peppers are slightly smaller and hotter than jalapeños. If you like your guacamole spicy, add the peppers, seeds and all, or remove them to reduce the heat.
- Yield: 10 Servings (¼-cup)
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 medium avocados, halved, seeded, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion (1 medium)
- 2 fresh serrano peppers, halved, seeded (if desired), and finely chopped
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Carrots, jicama strips, flatbread, and/or lime wedges
- Cilantro sprig (optional)
- In a large bowl combine the avocados, onion, and serrano peppers; mash slightly with a fork. Fold in the cheese, almonds, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Spoon into serving bowl. Serve at once or cover surface with plastic wrap and chill for up to 6 hours.
- Serve with carrots, jicama, flatbread, and/or lime wedges. If desired, garnish guacamole with a cilantro sprig.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.