- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 Hours
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can white kidney (cannellini) or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1¼ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- ½ of a small fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped tomato (optional)
- 2 tbsp sliced green onion (optional)
- 2 tbsp shredded Monterey Jack cheese (1 ounce) (optional)
How to Make It
- Lightly coat an unheated medium skillet with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in hot skillet; drain off fat.
- In a 1½ quart slow cooker, combine chicken, drained beans, broth, onion, sweet pepper, chile pepper, cumin, oregano, white pepper, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2½ to 3 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 4 to 5 hours.
- If desired, sprinkle individual servings with tomato green onion, and cheese.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.