- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 red or yellow bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lb (450 g) skinless boneless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 15 oz (425 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed 2 avocados, sliced, to serve
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or foil
- Spread the sliced onion and pepper on a prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix the onions and peppers until they are evenly coated in oil. Place in the oven on the top rack and roast for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, chili powder, cumin, paprika, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. Add the chicken strips and toss to coat.
- Arrange the chicken on a prepared baking sheet and place in the oven on the top rack (move peppers and onions to the bottom rack). Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.
- To assemble the meals, divide the black beans evenly among 4 containers. Add an equal amount of chicken and roasted vegetables to each container. Before serving, top each meal with ½ avocado, sliced.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.