So good, you forget it’s healthy. Even I can’t go wrong with this, which might be why I like salads so much. The mango makes it taste really special and a bit of a treat, and I use prawns instead of chicken, which is delicious. I don’t want to inflate her ego too much, but Nadia’s salad dressing is ace. Make more than you need and keep it in the fridge. It’s fine for up to a week.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, skin on
- 1 large ripe mango
- 100 g bag mixed salad leaves
- 100 g bag watercress
- 3 tbsp pistachio nuts
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (and deseeded if you don’t like it hot)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Before you start, take the chicken out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature.
- To prepare the mango, slice off both “cheeks” on either side of the stone.
- Now cut a cross-hatch pattern into the flesh of both “cheeks”. Push the skin inside out; the cubes of mango will stand up and it will look a bit like a hedgehog. Slice off the cubes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients.
- Put the lettuce, watercress, and mango into a separate bowl, drizzle half the dressing over, and toss very well, so everything is lightly coated. Divide between 4 plates.
- Slice the chicken breasts as neatly as you can and put them on top of the salad. Drizzle the rest of the dressing over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the pistachios equally between the 4 plates and serve.