- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1¼ pounds ground chicken
- 10 ounces Slow-Roasted Tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil), finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic bulbs, crushed and chopped
- Leaves from 2 thyme sprigs, chopped
- 1 recipe quantity Sweet Potato Wedges, to serve
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bread rolls, sliced in half
- 1 handful of arugula leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Pesto Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Basil Pesto
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
How to Make It
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Put the ground chicken in a bowl and add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, thyme, truffle oil, if using, breadcrumbs and Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco, and mix together well until combined. Shape into 4 burgers, then cover and chill 20 minutes in the refrigerator to firm up while you start to cook the sweet potato wedges.
- Meanwhile, mix together the pesto and mayonnaise, cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat the olive oil in a ridged grill pan or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until browned, turning the heat down to low if they start to brown too quickly. Transfer to the oven and cook 5 to 10 minutes with the sweet potatoes until cooked through and browned.
- Remove the burgers from the oven, cover and let rest in a warm place while you toast the bread rolls. Put some arugula leaves on the bottom half of each bun, top with a spoonful of the pesto mayonnaise, then the burger, another spoonful of pesto mayonnaise, then the remaining bun. Serve with the sweet potato wedges.