Bursting with Greek flavors, chicken is marinated in lemon, garlic, and oregano and served with a crisp cucumber salad.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 10.33 lb (600 g) skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced, about 14 oz (400 g) in total
- 8 oz (225 g) feta cheese, cubed
- ½ small red onion, diced, about 3½ oz (100 g) in total
- 20 pitted Kalamata olives, about 2 oz (60 g)total, halved
- 2 tbsp flaxseed oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup full-fat Greek yogurt, to serve
How to Make It
- In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp oregano, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken strips and mix together.
- In a large non-stick sauté pan, heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil over high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until it is cooked through and the juices run clear. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cucumber, tomatoes, feta cheese, red onion, and olives with the flaxseed oil and remaining 1 tbsp dried oregano. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the meals, place a small handful of baby spinach in each of 4 containers. Add a scoop of salad to each, and divide the chicken evenly among the containers. To serve, top each meal with 2 tbsp Greek yogurt.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.