OK Kaye, I admit this dish does need a little longer than the 20 minutes you demand everything takes, but you can pop this one on and then go and write emails, play on the zip wire, dance naked in the rain, have a cuddle with Bea (her dog)…
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lb 5 oz (600 g) new potatoes, unpeeled and halved
- 2 onions, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, halved, but leave the skins on
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil, or as needed
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 5½ oz (150 g) good-quality pesto
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Put the potatoes, onions, and garlic into a large baking tray and season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour 2 tbsp olive oil over and, using your hands, mix well so the veggies are all covered in a thin slick of oil, adding more oil if you need it.
- Now arrange the chicken thighs on top and drizzle the remaining oil over them. Season and rub in.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and add the tomatoes to the tray. Give everything a turn, then return to the oven for a final 10 minutes.
- In a teacup, mix the pesto with 2 tsp boiling water to loosen it, then drizzle it over the dish.
- Dinner’s ready!