This is perfect comfort food for an upset stomach, or on days when you just feel a little under the weather or really any day. Have this for breakfast or dinner, and enjoy a lovely homemade rice porridge. Add water after it’s cooked for a thinner congee, if desired.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 5 cups water
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- In the Instant Pot, combine the water, chicken, rice, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, and pepper (if using).
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select the porridge setting. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Stir to combine the ingredients. Divide among four bowls. Drizzle each with toasted sesame oil, sprinkle with scallions, and serve.