Dark chocolate and cherry are a delicious flavour combination and this rich dessert showcases that nicely. With such a rich and tasty tart, slices will go quickly.
- Yield: 8 Servings
For the Crust
- 100 g vegan margarine
- 300 g vegan digestive biscuits (use Biscoff for best results), crushed to fine crumbs
For the Filling
- 200 g vegan dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- ½ cup (125 ml) melted coconut oil
- ½ x 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g (generous cup) frozen pitted cherries
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, for dusting
How to Make It
- Melt the margarine in a pan on a very low heat, then add the crushed biscuits and stir to combine. Use a little extra margarine to grease a 23 cm (9 in) tart tin and start to press the biscuit margarine mix into the tin. Press it down firmly, ensuring that you cover the tin evenly, then pop it in the fridge.
- Combine the dark chocolate, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla extract in a pan over a low heat and cook, stirring occasionally. Once all of the chocolate has melted, pour it onto the biscuit base.
- Place the cherries in the mixture, arranging them evenly over the surface of the tart, adding them until the mixture has risen level to the tin edge.
- Now leave the mixture to cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours before trimming the edges. Remove the tart from the tin and dust with cocoa powder before cutting into slices.