- Yield: 10 to 12 Servings
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package devil’s food cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 20 chocolate wafers
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese
- 10.33 cups sugar
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and 1⅓ cups water in a large bowl. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans. Bake at 350° for 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 30 minutes). Meanwhile, prepare Ganache
- Bring ¾ cup cream and milk to a simmer in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; add chocolate morsels, stirring until melted. Divide Ganache into 1¾-cup and ½-cup portions. Cover each portion and chill. Prepare Filling
- Beat cream cheese and 1⅓ cups sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add 1¾ cups Ganache, beating at low speed until smooth. Reserve ⅓ cup Filling.
- Place 1 cake layer in bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Spread half of remaining Filling on top of cake layer in pan. Top with a second cake layer. Spread remaining half of Filling over second cake layer. Top with third cake layer. Cover and freeze 8 hours.
- Place chopped white chocolate in a 6-oz. custard cup. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until chocolate melts, stirring every 10 seconds. Freeze chocolate 30 minutes or until hardened. Remove chocolate from freezer; dip bottom of custard cup in hot water for about 45 seconds. Unmold chocolate onto a small, wax paper–lined plate. Chill white chocolate disk until firm. Shave white chocolate into curls using a vegetable peeler. Chill until ready to use.
- Remove chilled cake from freezer; let stand 5 minutes. Unwrap and remove sides of pan. Transfer cake to a cake plate. Spread reserved ⅓ cup Filling in a thin layer on all sides of cake. Beat 1 cup heavy cream until soft peaks form. Spread whipped cream on top and sides of cake.
- Process chocolate wafers in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Carefully pat crumbs on sides of cake.
- Microwave ½ cup Ganache at HIGH 40 seconds or just until pourable, stirring every 10 seconds. Drizzle warm Ganache over cake, and top with white chocolate curls. Store finished cake in refrigerator.