This frozen, chocolatey nut butter concoction is great way to upgrade your chocolate fix, and especially good to eat after dinner on a warm summer’s evening straight from the freezer. When you pop one of these frozen treats into your mouth, you know your body will be satisfied with a hit of pure cocoa.
- ¼ cup (70 ml) almond butter (drain off the oil before measuring)
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseeds/linseeds
- 1 large teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 large teaspoon xylitol
- 1½ tablespoons raw unsweetened cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into 8 and roll each portion into a ball between the palms of your hands. Dust in cocoa powder.
- Freeze the fudge pops for at least 30 minutes and consume straight from the freezer. Store in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.