- Yield: 4 Servings
- 200 g white crab meat
- 1 duck egg yolk, poached
- Chopped chives
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ripe avocado
- Squeeze of lemon
- 300 g vegetable oil
- 1 kohlrabi
- 50 g sugar
- 75 g white wine vinegar
How to Make It
- Pick through the crab, ensuring that there is no shell and bind the crab meat with the duck egg yolk.
- Season to taste with the chives and salt. Put to one side. Avocado Emulsion
- Place the egg yolks, peeled avocado and lemon juice in the blender and blend on its lowest speed.
- Place the egg yolks, peeled avocado and lemon juice in the blender and blend on its lowest speed. Pickled Kohlrabi
- Thinly slice the peeled kohlrabi with a meat slicer. Place into a small sous-vide bag with a pickling juice made from 50 g sugar and 75 g white wine vinegar. Compress on full compression. Brown Bread
- On the meat slicer, thinly slice some granary bread from frozen, brush with melted butter and bake in the oven at 160°C for 6 minutes until crisp and golden. Beach Herbs
- Use a selection of whatever is in season. At the minute we use stonecrop, sea purslane and sea lettuce.
- Blanch the vegetables in boiling salted water for 20 seconds then refresh in iced water. Peanut Brittle
- Bring the sugar and glucose to a light caramel, pour over the peanuts and leave to set. Once set, roughly chop into fine pieces. Brown Butter Dressing
- Brown the butter and add the soy sauce and lemon juice, emulsify and reserve.