Forget white rice this healthy take on rice pudding is made with nutrient-dense quinoa.
- 1¼ cups coconut milk
- ⅔ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 large mango, pitted, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup superfine or granulated sugar
- 1 large lime juice
- 1½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into chunks
- ⅔ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup toasted dry coconut shavings
How to Make It
- Put the coconut milk and quinoa into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or according to the package directions, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat and set aside for 7 minutes to let the grains swell. Fluff up with a fork, transfer to a bowl, and let cool.
- Meanwhile, put the mango, sugar, and lime juice into a food processor. Squeeze the ginger through a garlic press and add the juice to the food processor. Process for 30 seconds, or until you have a smooth puree.
- Mix the mango puree into the cooled quinoa, then cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into four bowls and sprinkle with the blueberries and coconut shavings. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.