- Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or bacon drippings
- 1 medium head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained, or 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- Cayenne pepper
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a Lodge 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cabbage, bell pepper, and onion, and stir to combine.
- Pour over the tomatoes and season with salt and cayenne to taste.
- Simmer until the cabbage, onion, and pepper are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.