It’s the combination of crunchy green pepitas and ruby-hued, tart-sweet cranberries that really sell these biscotti. Olive oil is a traditional component of classic Italian biscotti, yielding cookies that are just the right balance of crisp and tender.
- Yield: 40 Cookies
- 1¾ cups (210 grams) chickpea flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ cup natural cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla until blended. Add the flour mixture, pepitas, and cranberries, stirring until just blended.
- Divide the dough in half and place both halves on the prepared baking sheet. Using moistened hands, shape into two parallel 12 by 2-inch rectangles, spaced about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden and the centers are set. Let cool on the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Cut each rectangle crosswise at a slight diagonal into ½- to ¾-inch slices. Place the slices flat, cut sides down, on the baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges are dark golden. Let the biscotti cool completely on the pan.