This moist white cake is easy to whip up and throw in your slow cooker right before you eat. By the time you’ve eaten and cleaned up, you’ll have a treat ready for you. Dress it up with whipped coconut cream and/or a drizzle of sweetened condensed coconut milk.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 recipe Not-from-a-Box Cake Mix from shown
- 1 can (15 ounces, or 425 g) full-fat coconut milk, or about 1½ cups
- 1 cup (80 g) finely shredded coconut
- Line the crock with parchment paper or spray with oil. Add the cake mix to a medium mixing bowl, and add in the coconut milk and shredded coconut. Mix well.
- Take a clean dish towel, double it and place over the top of the slow cooker, under the lid. This will trap the condensation and keep it from dripping on the cake as it cooks.
- Cook 1½ to 2 hours or until most of the cake is firm to the touch. Realize that the heat will continue cooking the middle.