Fried yam or “dun dun” as Nigerians will call it, is a popular street food or snack. Many enjoy it on its own, but it can also be served with a sauce such as pepper sauce or as a side to a main meal.
- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- 1 medium yam
- A pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
How to Make It
- Peel and slice yam horizontally into thick round slices.
- Cut each round slice vertically into rectangular chips shapes.
- Rinse yam and sprinkle salt on it.
- Pour vegetable oil into pan and place on medium heat (may use an electric deep fryer instead).
- When the oil is hot, add yam chips and fry for approx. 5 minutes
- Remove yam chips from hot oil and place in a bowl lined with a paper towel.
- Serve on its own or with a sauce of choice.