It’s important to skin chicken pieces that are cooked in slow cooker. As the skin cooks, it takes on unpleasant rubbery texture and it adds lots of fat to the dish.
- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 3 Hours
- ½ of a medium head cabbage, cut into wedges (about 12 ounces)
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (4½-ounce) jar (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 to 2½ pounds meaty chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks), skinned
- 2 cups purchased meatless spaghetti sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked pasta (optional)
How to Make It
- In a 3½ to 6 quart slow cooker, combine cabbage wedges, onion, and mushrooms. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables. Place chicken pieces on vegetables. Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3½ hours. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.