This recipe is just as good as the one served at my favourite local cafe.
- Yield: 1 Serving
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- 25 g avocado
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped
- 30 g reduced-salt low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 small handful baby spinach leaves
How to Make It
- Place the avocado in a small bowl and roughly mash using a fork. Add the onion, feta, tomato, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Fill a saucepan with water until 8 cm deep. Add the vinegar and bring to the boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low. The water should just be simmering. Break the eggs into the water and cook for 2–3 minutes for a semi-soft yolk or 3–4 minutes for a firm yolk. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and allow to drain on paper towel.
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- To serve, place the toast on a serving plate and top with the spinach, avocado and feta smash and the eggs.