- 180 g eggs
- 70 g sugar
- 230 g Cacao Barry Pure Origine Equateur 76%
- 400 g cream
- 100 g butter
- 50 g glucose
- 150 g sugar
- 3 g pectin apple
- 60 g water
Mango and Passion Fruit Set Compote
- 100 g sugar
- 50 g water
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, de-stoned and diced
- 200 g passion fruit purée
- 2 g pectin apple
- 20 g Cacao Barry Mycryo
How to Make It
- Make a sabayon by whisking the eggs and sugar over a pan of simmering water.
- When whisked to a ribbon stage the mix is ready, remove from the heat.
- Whip the cream to a ribbon stage and melt the chocolate to 45°C.
- Add one third of the cream to the chocolate until fully incorporated. Gently fold in the sabayon by adding gradually.
- Fold in the remaining cream gradually.
- Place the mousse in a plastic container and store in the fridge until needed. Lace Tuile
- Melt the butter and glucose in a pan over a low heat.
- Mix the sugar and pectin together then add the water to the sugar mix.
- Place the mix into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Place mix into a plastic container and place in the fridge until firm.
- To cook, spread on a silicone mat and bake at 180°C. Allow to cool. Mango and Passion Fruit Set Compote
- Place the sugar and water in a pan and place over a light heat.
- When the sugar has melted, add the vanilla seeds. Bring to 118°C.
- Add the diced mango and take off the heat. Cover with a metal tray.
- When cool, drain the mix and return the liquid to the pan. Place on a medium heat.
- Bring to the boil, then add the passion fruit purée.
- Bring to the boil and add the pectin and reduce by 10%.
- Take off the heat and add the Mycryo.
- Spoon the drained diced mango into the rings without packing down.
- Add the passion fruit mix over the mango and allow to seep through the gaps.
- Place the filled rings in the fridge to set.
- Reserve any left over juice for garnish. Sweet Short Crust
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs slowly.
- Sieve the flour, corn flour and salt together and fold in.
- Rest in the fridge before baking.
- Bake in a ring at 160°C. If you have an oven with a draft door leave open or let out the steam half way through baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool. To Serve
- Take the remaining juice from the mango and passion fruit set compote, warm and add a knob of butter; spoon onto the plate.
- Place the set compote on to the short crust base as pictured. Quenelle the mousse on top of the set compote. Finish with the tuile.