Caramelized onions on top of a juicy, three cheese-topped hamburger served on Texas toast will certainly tick all those taste bud boxes.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium onions (peeled, thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp Marsala wine
- 2 slices store-bought Texas toast
- 2 hamburger patties
- 2 thick slices aged Swiss cheese
- 2 slices Alpine-style cheese
- 2 thick slices baby Swiss cheese
How to Make It
- Over moderate-low heat, in a large frying pan, melt the butter along with the olive oil.
- Add the onions followed by the salt and pepper, tossing to coat evenly.
- Cook while frequently stirring, until the onions are browned and softened, for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and cook for a couple of minutes before removing from the heat.
- Transfer the onions to a thermos flask to keep warm.
- Cook the Texas toast in the oven according to the package instructions and set aside.
- Add the burgers to your grill and grill for 2 minutes on each side.
- Top each of the burgers with 1 slice of aged Swiss cheese, 1 slice of baby Swiss cheese, and 1 slices of Alpine cheese and continue to grill until the cheese is melted.
- While the cheese melts, re-warm the Texas toast.
- Add a cheese-topped burger to a slice of Texas toast.
- Add a spoonful of caramelized onions.
- Top with the remaining slice of toast and enjoy.