- Yield: 4 Servings
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 whole chicken, cut into quarters
- 1 cup best-quality chicken stock, preferably homemade or bought at a gourmet market
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped jalapeño or serrano peppers, seeded if desired
- ½ cup chopped scallions (white and green parts)
How to Make It
- Heat 1 inch oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and pan-fry, without moving, until the bottom skin is golden and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Flip the pieces and cook on the other side, an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce: In a small saucepan, bring the stock, soy sauce, and jalapeños to a simmer. Arrange the chicken on a platter, pour the sauce over the top, and garnish with scallions. Serve immediately.