- Yield: 4 Servings
- ½ cup (125 g) whole-milk plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons mild white or yellow miso paste
- 1½ tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 large eggs
- Sea salt
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Chili Oil (optional)
How to Make It
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and miso.
- Divide the yogurt mixture among 4 plates, using the back of a spoon to spread it thinly on the base of each plate.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. When the pan is nice and hot, carefully crack in the eggs. You’ll want the edges to dance in the hot oil and start to color for a nice crackly crust. Add a pinch of sea salt. Fry the eggs for 2 to 3 minutes, then cover the pan with a lid (a small sheet pan works if you don’t have a lid). Let the eggs cook just until the white has set.
- Divide and lay the eggs on top of the yogurt mixture, then finish with the scallions and sesame seeds. Top with chili oil, if you’d like.