- Yield: 2 dozen
For Cookie Base
- ½ cup (115 g) packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (60 g) Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice flour
- ½ teaspoon (1.2 g) ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (2.3 g) baking powder
- Dash of salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
For Streusel Topping
- ½ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (225 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (30 ml) water
- ½ cup (60 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice flour
- 1 cup (80 g) certified gluten-free rolled oats, rolled rice, quinoa, or buckwheat flakes
- ¼ cup (30 g) Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon (2.3 g) ground cinnamon
- 1 jar (10.25 ounce, or 287 g) of your choice of safe jam or preserves, such as strawberry, apricot, blackberry, blueberry, etc.
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4). To Make the Cookie Base
- Combine all cookie base ingredients in a food processor and process until dough is smooth. Press dough into a greased 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33-cm) pan. Wet your hands if dough is too sticky.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Do not turn off oven To Make the Streusel Topping
- In a food processor (no need to clean from previous use from cookie base), add topping ingredients and pulse mixture until it resembles pieces the size of peas. Set aside.
- Spread filling over cooled crust.
- Sprinkle streusel topping all over the preserves. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden on top. Cool for one hour or until room temperature. Cover and place in the refrigerator. When chilled, cut into bars.