- Yield: 6 Servings, about ¾ cup per serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2-½ cups cubed multi-grain bread
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- ¾ cup liquid egg substitute
- ¾ cup fat-free milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 1-½-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; cook zucchini 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in roasted peppers and garlic; cook about 2 minutes more, or until zucchini is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil, parsley, sage, and bread cubes.
- Place half the mixture in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together liquid egg, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over bread mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.