A fresh, pretty dessert, this is perfect to serve after a big meal.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 6 oranges
- 75 g flaked almonds
- 75 g butter
- 75 g honey
- a few drops of rosewater (optional)
- a few sprigs of mint
- a few dried rose petals (optional)
- crème fraiche
How to Make It
- First, slice off the top and bottom of an orange to make a flat surface. Then following the curve of the fruit, cut off the skin from top to bottom. Slice the orange into rounds, removing any pips or large pieces of pith as you go. Repeat with the rest of the oranges. You can divide some into segments if you prefer.
- Put the orange slices on a serving plate or divide them between 4 bowls. Put the almonds in a dry frying pan and toast them lightly, shaking the pan so they don’t burn. Set the almonds aside.
- Put the butter and honey in a saucepan and heat them gently. When both have melted, turn up the heat and boil them for a couple of minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk thoroughly until the butter and honey are completely combined. Add a few drops of rosewater, if using.
- Pour the sauce over the oranges, then sprinkle the almonds on top. Add a few sprigs of mint and some rose petals, if you have them, and serve with some crème fraiche on the side.