If you have kids, your life is likely surrounded by monster trucks, cars, and airplanes, just like mine! If you have a hundred different types of transportation toys and the books and stories that go along with them filling both your house and your children’s imaginations, you’re going to love these Graham Cracker Airplanes! Just as fun to play with as they are to eat, these planes are the perfect snack to help your kids create some stories of their own.
- Yield: 1 celery stalk airplane
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 celery stalk, washed and ends removed, plus 2 thin 2-inch-long pieces celery about 1⁄8 inch thick
- 1 toothpick
- 2 mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or Rolos
- 1 graham cracker, cut lengthwise
- Spread your peanut butter on top of the celery stalk.
- Insert toothpick horizontally through the celery stalk about 2 inches from one of the ends. Push the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or Rolos onto the toothpick ends to create the airplane’s wheels.
- Place your graham cracker on top of your celery stalk directly above the airplane’s wheels.
- Create an X with your thin celery pieces and place them on the front of your airplane celery stalk, lightly pushing them into the peanut butter to help them stay in place.