This quick and easy asparagus appetizer uses low-fat mayo and sugar substitute; all the taste without loading on the calories.
- Yield: 6
- Preparation Time: 6 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 11 Minutes
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar blend (sugar substitute)
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 lemon juice
How to Make It
- First, cut off the hard ends of the asparagus and discard.
- Heat the grill to a medium-high setting.
- In a bowl, toss the asparagus with the olive oil and salt.
- Transfer, the asparagus to the hot grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
- To make the dip. In a small mixing bowl, combine the low-fat mayo along with the soy sauce, brown sugar substitute and wasabi paste. Stir until incorporated.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the grilled asparagus and serve with the wasabi soy dip.