This is delicious served with Speedy Vegetable Biryani.
- Yield: 2 to 3 Servings
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 onion
- 2-cm/¾-in piece of fresh ginger
- 2 plump garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander/cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 lb (450 g) boneless lamb, cubed
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cardamom pods
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (230 g) baby spinach leaves, rinsed
How to Make It
- Press the Sauté button on the multi-cooker. Put the cumin and coriander seeds in the pot. Once you start to smell the aroma from the seeds, transfer them to a food processor. Add the onion, ginger, garlic and coriander/cilantro and chop finely.
- Add the ghee to the pot. When melted, add the contents of the food processor. Stir for about 3 minutes, then add the lamb and brown on all sides. Add the tomatoes, cardamom, turmeric and salt and stir. Add 125 ml/8 tablespoons water and stir.
- Secure the lid in place and set to Meat/Stew for 35 minutes. At the end of cooking, use the NPR method. Stir in the spinach before serving.