You can serve this side dish as either a warm vegetable or a cold salad. To serve it as a cold salad, substitute olive oil for the butter. Chill in the refrigerator before serving with fresh lemon or lime wedges.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
- ½ cup water
- 3½ cups shelled fresh English peas
- 1½ cups whole fresh sugar snap pea pods and/or snow pea pods
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
How to Make It
- In a medium saucepan bring the water to boiling. Add shelled English peas. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 8 minutes. Add the whole sugar snap peas. Cook, covered, about 4 minutes or just until crisp-tender; drain.
- Add butter, tarragon, lemon peel, pepper, and salt to the peas. Toss gently until butter melts. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.